Monday, July 12, 2010

Two

Day 02 → Something you love about yourself.

As cliche as it sounds, it can be hard to think of something I love about myself, especially when I am being audacious enough to post it for the world to see. When you're in ED, you're persuaded to hate everything about yourself. Everything. Nothing is good enough, and it never will be. And let me tell you, ED IS WRONG. I realize that now. We're supposed to like things about ourselves. We're wired so that we can be content with what we have on some level. Laura, my dietitian, always uses this example:

"You're friend may have the Ferrari and you think its great and would love to drive it, but you still like your little beat-up sedan just because its yours."

I like that. I am glad I have the things I have (in regards to my mind/body) just because they're mine. So when all is said and done, I love a lot of things about myself, but the number one thing I am in love with right now is that I am strong enough to choose recovery for myself every day. I chose recovery from day one; I was strong enough to ask for help and confess my sins. I love the fact that I love myself enough to make the choice for health.

Every day.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. :) *hug* And it's good that you feel like that about yourself. It doesn't matter what everyone else has... it's what you own, what you have inside that matters.

    Hope to see you tomorrow pretty girl. <3

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones